In a local historic district, a COA is needed before a building permit can be issued. It would be required for work that physically changes the exterior appearance of the property, such as:

  • Enclosing a porch
  • Demolishing all or part of a structure
  • Replacing windows and doors
  • Installing siding or re-roofing