The Murray Central School was a three-story, red brick building on a sandstone foundation. Grades one through eight attended school there. The imposing structure had twelve classrooms, a library and an office. The cost was over $25,000. The interior was completed in 1903 when the basement was needed for kindergarten classes.
After Murray City established its own school district, the school board held a contest to rename the district schools in January 1906. On the first day of February, the board chose the name Arlington for the Central School building. In 1916-1917, the school district moved the older students to the new Murray Junior and Senior High School. The district’s three schools, Arlington, Bonnyview, and Liberty, were designated as elementary schools. The 25th District schoolhouse was demolished between 1912 and 1915.